[WWI] Junkers J.1 photos

Dave Calhoun davecww1 at cox.net
Sun Apr 1 15:04:16 EDT 2007

Hi Brad,
Send them on to Alan to post! would love to see the J.1 camouflage scheme in color.  Is the J.1 a complete airframe? I did not even know that one existed.  Hopefully Eduard will retool their 1/72 scale one to 1/48.  I have the LoneStar resin/vac one, but looks like a very hard model to complete properly with solid resin wings full of bubbles and vac fuselage.  I recently saw one built by Bob Doyno at the Wings & Wheels Valleycon show, and it looks like it took an engineering degree to get the homemade brass struts to hold the heavy resin upper wing in place.
Dave