[WWI] Fokker Steel Tube Colors?

Dave Calhoun davecww1 at cox.net
Sun Apr 1 14:52:21 EDT 2007

Not sure if this would be correct for the Fokker D.VII, but on the Fokker D.VIII being restored in Italy the entire fuselage had the tubes wrapped in lozenge fabric to prevent the steel tubes from rubbing through the outer fabric. So if this was correct then you would not see the color of the paint on the tubes inside the fuselage except in the engine compartment.  Not sure how you could model this, I guess the grey/green painted tubes would look better although may not be authentic.
Dave
Message: 7