[WWI] Ottawa Museum was: Fokker Steel Tube Colors?

Brad & Merville bigglesrfc at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 1 12:05:39 EDT 2007

Ray

   I just dug out my pics of the Ottawa DVII fuselage and see that they have
in fact painted it a light glossy grey.  I don't know what level of
authenticity they're trying for.  It's possible they're using whatever
primer is handy figuring no one will see it once it's covered anyway.  The
wings appeared complete with some lozenge already applied.  They were lying
on a rack next to the fuselage.
   Is  Mike Fletcher still lurking?  Perhaps he could shed some light on
this particular restoration.

Brad