[WWI] Ottawa Museum was: Fokker Steel Tube Colors?

Brad & Merville bigglesrfc at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 1 09:56:08 EDT 2007

   It's a good time to go to Ottawa.  They acquired Bristol Fighter
G-AANM/D7889 in December from Aero Vintage in Britain.  It was traded for a
(o/t alert!) He**kel 16* j*t.  A most excellent trade for us if ever there
was one.
   I was there in September.  The new building was open for paid tours and
the Fokker DVII fuseage was standing on the floor sans covering,
unfortunately it was freshly stripped bare metal and had not been painted
yet.  The Sopwith Triplane was almost comletely re-assembled.  There is
excellent access to the Junkers J.I now and due to much improved lighting,
I was able to make out the camouflage pattern with tan undersides.  I took
detailed pictures of the J.I, if anyone is interested I can send them direct
or to Al or Sanjeev.

Brad