RE[WWI] PanaVise

Phillip Rayner dauphinxox at msn.com
Sat Jul 30 16:01:16 EDT 2005

Sanjeev:
             You ask: Has anybody experience with the Panavise Jr (model
201).  I intend to use it for
model building - holding parts while I sand them, etc.

I'm not sure whether you plan on using this as your only vise or whether you
already have the 301 or equivalent and are thinking of adding something
smaller.
The 301 is a lot more solid than its smaller counterpart, has a much larger
capacity, and can handle small parts if properly prepared. I have the 301
base with the 376 jaws ( a poor man's version of the 350 combo) and have
used it for everything for about eight years. I can't remember ever having
had neoprine pads for mine; occasionally, I clean off the jaws and glue on a
small slab of styro over each jaw face, and that works very well.
In any event, before deciding on the 201, look at the various heads
available for the 301; the variety is much greater than for the former.
Besides, it's a much more MANLY vise.

PhilinYuma