[WWI] A modest proposal

Joel Christy jbarchristy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 30 06:47:41 EDT 2005

Hello All,

As some of you may know I was running the IPMS(UK) World War One Aircraft Special Interest Group until 2004. I was also associated with Cross and Cockade International in running a website called Wings'n'Wires that was on the C&C website. I did this for a couple of years but found that no matter how much I begged for article submissions I ended up being the main contributor. But recently I have had the idea that there are a lot of you out there with great ideas, great models and great model photos that could be put into a website journal (in association with Cross and Cockade International) format in which all  that knowledge and insight could be available to a huge audience. What think ye?

This would not be in anyway be in competition with say WWI Models or Internet Modeler. It would be a dedicated journal to World War One Modelling. What I would be intersted in is articles on techniques, scratch building and model builds. I wouldn't be interested in reviews as such. It would also be a forum in which we could all have our say in more detail of some of the threads that go through the WWI Models website. You can still view Wings'n'Wires at the C&C website by going to www.crossandcockade.com/main.htm  and clicking on "Wings'n'Wires".

Since I have only been toying with this idea I have not yet approached Cross and Cockade's webmaster but I am sure they would like to see Wings'n'Wires going again. So let me know if you would be interested in this project and I will get in touch with C&C.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Joel