[WWI] 06 Nats OT

Karen Rychlewski krychski at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 26 13:28:40 EDT 2005

One little tidbit I haven't seen mentioned yet:
The Kansas City Nats will have a special theme award for Best WWI
Subject. This is in addition to the usual category awards and the
Michael Fritz award. I quote from the KC 06 brochure:
"The Liberty Memorial, the only WWI Memorial in the country recognized
by Congress, is located in downtown Kansas City, within walking distance
to the convention. The site for the Liberty Memorial was dedicated on
November 1, 1921, and was the only time in history that the primary
senior allied military leaders were together in one place. In honor of
the memorial, we offer an award for the best subject related to WWI."
and
"...we will be offering a "Sneak Preview Hardhat Tour" of the newly
remodeled, and soon to be re-opened, Liberty Memorial World War I Museum."

See
http://www.libertymemorialmuseum.org/

Karen