[WWI] HobbyTown USA Blues

J.R. Boye mercyandhope at juno.com
Sat Jul 23 19:47:30 EDT 2005

 Rick, you have my sympathies. It's almost worth moving to have supplies
close at hand in case you run out of something or have a spill. That is
really frustrating when you have the time to build and are into a project
.
      Dennis Ugulano teaches a class at a Hobbytown, so maybe he would be
interested in the G.C.
      It's a shame to see a hobbyshop go out of business . I guess kids
are more interested in 2d pastimes these days, and there aren't enough of
us 3d modelers to keep things going.
      Also, it's pretty disgusting to see shelves filled with car models
with pre-painted bodies or airplane "kits" where it takes less than a
minute to snap on the wing, and it's done. Hands should be challenged to
do more than type and click.

                                                                 Rant
over,        J.R. Boye