[WWI] Italian seat belts

Lance Krieg lance.krieg at amerus.com
Tue Jul 19 09:50:54 EDT 2005

Paul asks:

"... what sorts of belts were to be found in Italian built aircraft?"

While various antipodes have wasted our time amusing themselves with
flippant answers, I did some checking.  Looks like the several makers of
license-built products copied the originals.  Ansaldo used, in at least
some cases, light-colored webbing belts of 10 cm or so, reinforced with
leather at critical junctures like the shoulder and buckle ends.  The
system had separate shoulder belts and a lap belt.

And welcome, Gerardo, from Iowa in the US.

Lance