[WWI] Camel pilot seat belt

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 04:33:02 EDT 2005

Paul T says

>Well, that would make RAF Hendon wrong too, since the wide lap-belt is
>what's in their half-covered Bristol fighter. Maybe the PE people get
>misled by retro-fitting of those types that saw post-war service?

I'm inclined to agree with this - plus add that the wide type looks wrong to
modern eyes, so modern etched detail makers are less likely to make them
that way.

That said, I suspect I have etched wide lap belts in stock from somewhere,
despite usually making my own from lead foil.

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum