[WWI] Camel pilot seat belt

Paul Thompson flutes at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 18 03:40:03 EDT 2005

>I am glad that someone seems to agree with my thoughts on British
>seatbelts.
While researching the SE5a I thoght that wide lap belt in the bird was the
right way to go but the Consensus on the Aerodrome forum was the "Standard"
Sutton harness. Perhaps I and you are wrong as all photo etched stuff seems
to supply the Sutten rig for all British Aircraft? ie: Eduard Camel,Sopwith
Triplane, Sopwith Pup, and Part for the SE5a. Anyone else care to weigh in
on this?
Rick G.<

Well, that would make RAF Hendon wrong too, since the wide lap-belt is
what's in their half-covered Bristol fighter. Maybe the PE people get misled
by retro-fitting of those types that saw post-war service?

Paul T.