[WWI] London

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 7 09:18:43 EDT 2005

> > Bad news from London this morning.
> >
> > Will the London area Listees please sound off and let us know you're OK.
>
> Not a London Listee, but I have been regularly travelling on one of those
tube
> lines this last 6 months. Was due to do so on Tuesday again. I've been
nevrous
> on the tube since the Madrid bombings. Not sure what to do now.
>
> Dave

Well Tuesday beats the daylights out of Thursday as it turns out. Glad to
hear you weren't there. I gather y'all are a lot more dependent on mass
transit than many cities here. When I was in London in '67, we packed 7
people and 17 pieces of luggage into a Dalmier hire taxi cab. I guess the
cab business in London will be hopping for a while.

sp