[WWI] Future and panel lines - technology question

Grzegorz Mazurowski grzegorz_mazurowski at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Jul 6 14:07:55 EDT 2005

In  few free moments I'm playing with some OT plane (Polish 1939 Karas small
bomber, 1/72 Heller kit, pretty nice) and I have an idea: does "shaving" the
surfaces flat, and then applying the panel lines with needle or sharp blade
on the final (or almost final) Future layer makes any sense?
I don't like the excess panel lines of the Heller kit, and wasn't patient
enough to rescribe them decently in plastic. I want to paint the plane, then
seal with Future, and finally scribe these lines in the Future. Then some
weathering, possibly with pastels or pastel powder.

Also I wonder how good would be making the Future layer matt with the
toothbrush and toothpaste, or brushing powder. My plane should be matt or
semi-matt.

G.