[WWI] Added:DH-2

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jul 5 20:50:37 EDT 2005

> Steven, really nice DH2! I envy those whom put Hours and Hours into their
> Models and Risk crashing and destroying them to make them fly!
> Rick G.

Thanks for the kind words, nut not so with the DH.2. I repainted the whole
thing with Ceramcoat/Future mix using a brush , so it took 3-4 coats. Then
the assembly and gear installation took 5-6 hours. Rigging and detailing
another 5.  Fifteen hours, max. Oh add an hour and a half to make my own
decals.

The whole thing is foam , spruce sticks and vac parts made from too thin a
stock. They are getting good with molded foam and a well designed ARF kit is
just that, almost ready to fly..

OTOH, my balsa Nieuport 17 took from late March through June to build. I got
2 flights, a takeoff and a crash out of it.

Just started work on a 36 " Dr.1

sp