[WWI] Eindecker feaver was Mermaid N17

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 1 15:22:44 EDT 2005

> Oh, one last thing, I went for pushrods. Peter loves pull-pull but I
> find it problematic to keep tensioned so I used very light pushrods.
>
> Allan

I solved that problem by using pieces of straight wire with loops in the
end. The appropriate pull/pull cables are tied off to the loops in the
wires. Then the wires run thru those DuBro servo arm connectors. I secure
the elevator & rudder in neutral position and then pull the wires taught and
fasten the set screw.

The D.VII had a hard landing and it knocked the two servos and their rails
completely loose. I loosened up the servo connectors, re-attached the servos
and rails then tightened up the wires and the pull/pull controls worked
perfectly again.

I was planning to use Pull/pull with my Eindekker. I wanted to try wing
warping, but I read an article in FSM (Flyinf Scale Models) about wing
warping and that creates more problems aerodynamically than it solver. No
disrespect to Orville & Wilbur, but wing warping doesn't work well,
especially on small models.

What do you think about building in washout  in lieu of dihedral or at least
to lessen the amount necessary?

sp