[WWI] halberstadt d types

Jesse Thorn jsthorn at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 31 14:31:35 EST 2005

shane,

thanks for the history! it is certainly a legendary piece of modeling
which deserves an article  on the wwi-models website with photos
covering its travels and  'victims'.

Shane wrote-------------------------------------
  On another subject - I'm very pleased to see you posting again. I
recall using a jpg of your beautifull Koster?? Hannoverana as wallpaper
for almost a year, simply for the enthusiasm it engendered. Hopefully
we'll see a few more as good sometime soon?

thanks for the hannover compliment.

i just moved cross country. yesterday i finally found and opened the
box containing my koster hannover cl.iii vacuform. as i was unpacking
the box i thought, " why did the movers place several books on top of
it? packing material?" i got real pissed off when i got a good look at
how a 3-d model had been compressed into a 2-d collection of plastic
pieces and crinkly lozenge decal.

several other models received the same treatment. so, i'm going to
submit a damage form with the moving company and ask for reimbursement.
what value would list members place on their labor in terms of dollars
(euros etc) / hour?  i figure it took 60 hours to complete this one
model. using a conservative labor cost of $10/hour that would be $600 +
materiel costs.

shane, what would you do about your marvelous felixstowe in similar
circumstances?

everyone's thoughts appreciated.

now back to my inconsolable weeping.

jesse