FW: [WWI] As time goes by (A modeler's lament)

Warren Dickinson wed317 at onlineky.com
Sun Jan 30 17:19:08 EST 2005

Shane agrees to a point;

">The sound of
>one at start up ranks as one of the three greatest man-made sounds in
>the world IMHO.

I agree with this. With the sound of an RR Merlin second and .....

Better not say what's first on this family oriented group"

Well . . . I was referring to man-made in the sense of sounds from items
produced by the hands of man as opposed to those that could be made by
homo-sapiens per se.
Also, I mentioned that the sound of a "round engine" was one of the top
three, not necessarily first.  Something abut the hammer and whine of a
rotary at start up along with the coughing and oil smoke as it catches
has enamored me since early childhood.  That 1/72nd B-!7 at five years
of age didn't help matters any either.  My other two in the top three
are historical as well, but ot for this list.

Warren