[WWI] Optically challenged

John Ratzenberger JohnRatzenberger at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 18:38:15 EST 2005

I am near-sighted (20/200+ or something)  with astigmatism & other issues,
and not getting better.

I have an Optivisor but simply am not comfortable with it, so the glasses
get tossed in a corner & I stick my eyes right into my work.  I am quite
sure that isn't helping anything & really have to quit doing that -- not
even thinking about the safety hazard.  And I tend to forget where I put
them & can't see them & so spend a good deal of time trying to find them.

I have a desk-top Ott-Lite & that is great.  I passed on a couple model kits
to save the dollars and also put 20W Ott-Lite bulbs in the 3-bulb ceiling
fan over my workbench and in a 2-bulb floor lamp on the opposite side from
my desktop Ott-Lite.  The light isn't really brighter, but it is whiter &
that has been a great help.

John Ratzenberger