[WWI] Optically challenged

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:08:52 EST 2005

>From: "Andy Bannister" <andy at warpedplastic.co.uk>
>
>Well, I like to think I am a detail-oriented modeller. But a 1/72nd
>throttle
>quadrant is going to be more difficult to see (and place in position) than
>1/48th or larger throttle quadrant. Whether it's an "out of box" part or
>one
>I've made myself, it still just seems logical to me that larger pieces are
>going to be easier to see as visual acuity diminishes with age.

Yes, but when you paint the throttle or whatever small piece, you still need
to make sure you don't go over the edge and the paint job looks OK, so the
detail required is the same for that.  One thing I can understand is the
fiddliness of smaller bits makes things harder.  Also, canopy frames are
harder to mask off in smaller scales because the window panes are smaller.

I really must attend the UK nationals and discuss this with you in greater
detail!

Michael