[WWI] Slimer driver was: a suggestion

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Fri Jan 28 03:06:45 EST 2005

> There was one shop where I had my hair cut, that sold toys and kits as well. They had one
>wall covered with exotics like Lindberg. That was the only place where I saw
>lots of different scales, though they didn't sell many.

>Ramble, glug, F2b, hic,,,    Paul.

That's interesting Paul, you've actually had your hair cut, mordious!
Sounds like a rather strange barbers shop though, are you sure?

My experience was the same, one rarely saw a 1/48 kit, and I wouldn't
have built such a strange and wrong kit. Airfix was the right stuff,
and Frog was OK if it was a subject I liked. I think, like Stuart said,
the situation was different in the USA and even among older people
such as Harry Woodman in England (those who could afford it).
/Neil (guzzling black coffe)