[WWI] Slimer driver was: a suggestion

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 16:36:47 EST 2005

Stuart says

>quite fun because it was a 'generation gap' thing as well.  I noticed those
>who built 48s started in the 50s or 60s (70s?, early 80s?) when Aurora,
>Monogram, etc. was in it's heyday.  The 72-ers, like me, I think, tended to
>be of more recent vintage, starting our modeling adventures in the late 80s
>and early 90s with the likes of Airfix, ESCI, Revell, etc.

Eh ?

I started modelling in 1962 with a 1/72 Airfix kit. By then they were
already the world's largest manufacturer of plastic model kits and their
single greatest selling point was the "constant scale" of 1/72

Look beyond the North American shores and you'll find that builders in 1/48
were few and far between until at least the late 70's

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum