[WWI] Slimer driver was: a suggestion

Stuart L. Malone smalone at kc.rr.com
Thu Jan 27 11:57:05 EST 2005

John is right, well spoken.

I always considered the 'scale wars' as good natured ribbing, and would
always like to keep it as such.  In the past, it was always quite fun
because it was a 'generation gap' thing as well.  I noticed those who
built 48s started in the 50s or 60s (70s?, early 80s?) when Aurora,
Monogram, etc. was in it's heyday.  The 72-ers, like me, I think,
tended to be of more recent vintage, starting our modeling adventures
in the late 80s and early 90s with the likes of Airfix, ESCI, Revell,
etc.

Now that we have Roden and Eduard doing both scales, one cannot really
guess the age of the builder by the scale of the subject.

I will be the first to admit, if I were 10 years older or 10 years
younger, I would probably be building 1/48th scale, sorry Matt.  At the
time of my budding interest in WWI aircraft modeling, 1/72nd scale was
in ascension.  1/48th scale kits were insanely priced on the collectors
market.

Now, if only we could get the old Revell monsters (1/28? 1/24?)
reasonably, I know I am not the only one that would do a feasability
study on stick actuated control surfaces...........

			Stuart L. Malone