FW: [WWI] March FSM -- I'm back. (?)

Warren Dickinson wed317 at onlineky.com
Tue Jan 25 09:52:45 EST 2005

"There's something that internet can't do: paper. The pictures on good
quality printing are always better than seen on a screen, and that's why
still invest on Windsock mags. Besides, they can be taken to be read on
the
loo, something quite akward to make with a computer."

Too true, and lot to be said for it.  That's why if there is something
that I'm really interested in, I'll buy it.  Looking at a computer gets
very, very tiring.   Years back when I was doing a lot of ACW research I
was looking into getting all 125 volumes of the Official Records of the
War of Rebellion.  The printed books were about $2000.00 a set, but the
CD was a fraction.  The difference?  If you just wanted to reference
certain passages or entries the CD was wonderful, but for extended
reading you really needed the printed page.
I can't really afford a subscription to Windsock, much as I'd like to
subscribe, so I'll just have to content myself with buying an issue here
and there.

Warren