[WWI] It's here! It's here! It's here!

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:25:48 EST 2005

Jamie says

>>            Not at all. Micro Scale Clear Decal Film will fix it. Brush or
>>spray on a good coat and trim the decals close.

>    I don't think that will work if any of the printing has actually been
>applied directly to the sheet rather than the decal film. I think that is
>what the problem is.

In fact, it'll work perfectly well.

Cross section of a typical commercial decal sheet is paper, glue, ink, film.
  If the film was *under* the ink they'd be too delicate to use or store.

Incidentally, my confidence is based on doing just what SP said to save a
sheet which had not had ANY film applied by the manufacturer, and on making
home made "decals" about 20 years ago by hand painting on the sticky side of
lick and stick labels, then overcoating with clear enamel

Shane

  My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

       Quidvis recte factum,
  quanvis humile, praeclarum