[WWI] Carpet gnomes accept Unconditional surrender

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 18:18:52 EST 2005

Jamie asks

>I've decided to switch to the stretchy monofilament that U got from
>Aeroclub
>for Christmas. Has anyone else used this? Any advice?

I've just been looking at two ship and one aircraft model I rigged with the
stuff from White Ensign, which I understand to be the same stuff.

About 1 in 3 strands on the oldest model (2+ years???) have broken. The
remaining parts of the brokken lengths are all no longer stretchy.

One strand on the aircraft (18 months old approx) has done the same.

Not happy. Is this stuff going to behave over time like the rubber stuff
Aeroclub sold years ago and gradually fail like knicker elastic?

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum