[WWI] Roden Early Alb.

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 00:37:21 EST 2005

Mr .T Said:

>Speaking of that..In studying for  a build I've come to the conclusion that
>the metal portions of the early built Fokker cowling ends farther forward
>than on the later aircraft.
>
>If you look at a streaky fused early D-VII the fabric runs up to the
>diagonal that runs from the aftmost front cabane forward and down.  On
>later
>aircraft this last fabric triangle is metal and now runs from the same
>cabane aft and down to the lower wing leading edge.
>
>In the Roden case  you cannot distinguish a fabric panel from a metal one.
>
>Any input?

You are correct in your observation. The Early DVIIs indeed had fabric up to
the Angled panel you describe. Filling in with your favorite putty is
required. One other note, Most of the time there were wrinkles in the fabric
on this section.

This is the point I believe Eduard is trying to eliminate with separate
fuselages for each version.
Rick G.