[WWI] Werner Voss photo

Warren Dickinson wed317 at onlineky.com
Wed Jan 19 16:59:11 EST 2005

"Right, well.... we'll just not bother trying to find out these things
anymore then, eh? Never mind what colour any aircraft is, we'll just
paint
them all in nice shiny metallic racing car colours with stripes and
flames
on."

Andy,
     I don't think that is what John is trying to say.  Funny, ken9 and
I were talking about this very thing today on the phone.  I think most
any of us would admit that in the cold light of day that if you were to
convince a vet (from any war) to talk about his wartime experiences,
most would think us strange to be questioning them on something as
mundane, and meaningless to them, as the color of a particular part of
the equipment they used.  These guys remember what is was like to be
scared out of their wits, friends forever lost, pain, etc.
   You know as well as any that some folks will get way to wrapped up in
such issues.

Warren