[WWI] FW: Wood Fuselage Finishes

John Marco john at modelartbymarco.com
Wed Jan 19 13:28:08 EST 2005

Hi Warren,
It depends on what type of wood, Alb. wood seems to be a light color base so
I would start with that and then wash on some darker tones in a streaking
effect in one direction  till I get the effect I like and this I would also
do for darker woods to, some woods show very little contras in their grains
if none at all so a soled color I would use there, that's how I have done it
over the years with good results all done by hand.
John Marco