[WWI] Is the sky falling?

Nicklas, Brian NicklasB at si.edu
Wed Jan 19 09:24:37 EST 2005

Exactly.  The problem wasn't Boeing wanting a fee for the 747 models
(which is penny-ante pissing contest by some marketing weenies by the
"Chicago Aerospace Firm" IMHO) but that they are charging for the use of
the term "F-15" which is a US DoD term - not a Boeing copyrighted term.
That and the over-reach of some of these guys.  I saw a family tree that
General Dynamics made (back when they made airplanes) that went back to
the Wright Flyer.  Sorry Gents, I just don't buy into GD or anyone else
holding copyright to the Wright 1903 Flyer, it's like EADS holding forth
that they hold copyright to Albatros.  And when this encroachment
expands, we will have this impinging on "our" favorite era of modeling.
Sure Trumpeter will likely ignore it, and maybe Eduard, but kiss the
Revell kits goodbye...
I don't think the sky is falling, but there is a low ceiling on the
cloud deck...