[WWI] Voss photo

dave fleming dave.fleming at dial.pipex.com
Wed Jan 19 08:06:38 EST 2005

Quoting Shane Weier <bristolf2b at hotmail.com>:

> This debate can and will go on forever, because the "evidence" such as it
> is, can be read whatever way the proponent prefers. Unless someone finds the
>cowl or contemporary written evidence along the lines of...
>
> "Today I painted the cowl of Fokker F.I 103/17 yellow......"

Added to which, any analysis of the photos, digital or otherwise, is based on
the original 1917 photos - no one can say what emulsions or filters were used.
Anyone who has done B+W photography knows how much you can change apparent
tones by using filters, exposure, light etc etc.

Does anyone know if the original negative still exists, or are we looking at
prints and copies of prints (even more scope for variation in tones/shades)

Dave