[WWI] Werner Voss photo

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 00:08:33 EST 2005

Andy:
>It certainly appears to. Is this the general consensus on Voss' triplane
>now? I know Alex Imrie was quite adamant about his theory but he seemed to
>be the only one and Timm (Voss' mechanic) had no recollection of the
>cowling being yellow. Just curious as I plan on doing Voss' tripe soon-ish.

No It certainly isn't the " Consensus" Now! Iwas merely stirring the Pot so
to Speak. someone,Ken?, asked if this picture looked doctored etc. I don't
know about that, but I saw this in 2 versions on the Drome. Both different
in Brightness,Tone etc. I forget if this was the thread, but Several
"Experts"now Claim that Voss Tripe was not Turquoise Blue/ Green Streaks on
the uppers. Shane will like this, Dan San says, leaving no room for doubt,
that 103/17 was delivered in Standard Fokker Factory Finish of Blue Unders
and CDL/Olive Green Streaked uppers. :-)
Rick G.