[WWI] Werner Voss photo

DNSH at aol.com DNSH at aol.com
Tue Jan 18 19:08:25 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/18/2005 3:50:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bristolf2b at hotmail.com writes:

>>That picture sure does show off that Yellow Cowl!  :-)
>>Rick G.
>
>It certainly appears to.

On what  evidence? Personally, I think it disproves  it

Shane

Regarding the Voss photo, I'm convinced now that the rudder wasn't  yellow.
But since the wheel cover matches the cowl and neither match to  the black on
the crosses or olive on the forward fuselage, I think the cowl  was yellow.  W
hy would they paint the wheel cover a solid olive color  instead of the
standard Fokker spin treatment? Just my preferance, but then  again I prefer muzzle
break...

Dan