[WWI] Is the sky falling?

Robert Laskodi laskodi at launchnet.com
Mon Jan 17 21:14:35 EST 2005

IMNSHO, I would take most of the "editorial" with a grain of salt. There are
some interesting points in it, but by and large, it is long on rumor and
very short on actual facts. The fact that Tamiya "ponied up" and paid a
licensing fee in reality means nothing, as it does not establish a
"precedence", and many other modeling companies have also paid a licensing
fee for the rights over the previous years. I would dearly love to hear from
someone actually involved it the model business, what the true facts and
issues are regarding this "licensing" scourge, and without all the political
rhetoric written in the "editorial".
YMMV