[WWI] Old Book - US Official Pictures of the World War

Knut Erik Hagen knut.erik.hagen at eunet.no
Mon Jan 17 19:34:31 EST 2005

Hei,

I had the same kind of dilema and decided to scan the whole book even if
the binding would be ruined.
The individual pages did not suffer much and from scanning and the binding
would be wrecked anyway if I was to continue browsing the book.
Scanning all of the book meant that I could put it away and refer to the
scans instead of worrying about what happened to the book.

Most of the books published just after WW1 were done on cheap paper
that yellows easily, so make sure you keep it out of the sun.

Just be aware that it takes a lot of time and efforts to scan a book,
I had to do a bit of experimenting to get it right, the definitely
best way of doing it was by scanning all pages as grayscale and adjust.

  Eders
Knut Erik