[WWI] Old Book - US Official Pictures of the World War

Lance Krieg lance.krieg at amerus.com
Mon Jan 17 17:29:56 EST 2005

Allen faces an interesting dilemma:

" Do I simply go ahead and destroy the binding, gazing and scanning to
my heart's content, making pictures available to others?  Do I have it
hermetically sealed in a jar on Funk & Wagnall's porch to protect it?
Do I have the binding professionally restored?"

If the book is a particularly valuable rarity, either using it or
rebinding it will lessen the value.  I'd confirm that it isn't
priceless, then proceed to use it till it fell apart, after which I'd
have it rebound or store the individual pages, depending on how often I
wanted scans.  A book you can't look at it isn't much of a pleasure, is
it?

Sound like a good one, though; I'm happy for you!

Lance