[WWI] Old Book - US Official Pictures of the World War

Bruce Dyck bruce.dyck at mts.net
Mon Jan 17 17:46:56 EST 2005

Being an old book nut, (as well as a duck), first let me say, I'm jealous.
And to your question, you've got a common problem, I have several books in
the same condition, (unfortunately not ot) and for me the answer has always
been enjoy the book, which crosses off the whole " hermetically sealed in a
jar on Funk & Wagnall's porch to protect it" thing.  As to restoration vs.
just using it, well cost and value are your main factors.  There are some
places who are able to restore just the binding, depending on the type, (I'm
guessing glue and cloth, not sewn) however that can easily exceed a couple
of hundred dollars. . . if you can find someone, and if it is possible. . .
Personally I would look at ways to protect the photos, and the rest of the
content, so that you can keep enjoying what you have.
Bruce
I am a large male Mallard Duck,
hear me quack!!