[WWI] Alclad accident

tracy hancock atlporkchop at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 14:03:48 EST 2005

Hi Michael,
It sounds like what happens when you put a nail in a
glass Coke bottle and shake it, the nail always hits
on the inside edges of the bottle and after a few
shakes will pop the bottom right off.
I imagine a similar thing is happening with your paint
bottle, but it is the first time I've heard of
that...sounds messy :(
cheers, tracy

Some of the Alclad II bottles have small metal balls
in them to assist
mixing when you shake the bottle.  Well, I was shaking
the bottle ready
mix it, ready for putting it in my airbrush when the
bottle broke - the
bottom of the bottle just broke right off.  I'm pretty
sure I didn't
strike
the bottle on anything.  It gave a sort of "Pop" and
paint went
everywhere.

Michael