[WWI] Stretched sprue for rigging lines?

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Mon Jan 17 07:22:27 EST 2005

You don't need to drill holes in the model. It's easier to
attach to control horns, linkages, control wheels etc.
Basically it should be more accurate because real aircraft
don't have little holes going through the wings, they have
wire and strut attachments, OTOH in 1/72 it hardly matters
and in 1/48 Lance&Tom etc. seem to make it look like the wires
attach to the wings properly. Even so I still can't see how to
do this with mono-filament:
http://www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Fre/SPAD7/les7_05.jpg

I use steel wire myself mostly, some sprue, and I'm seriously
thinking of beginning to do monofilament, because a large percentage
of the best modeller here do, so how can they be wrong?
In truth I think a mixture of all methods is probably best, as ever
there is no single truth.
/Neil