[WWI] RE: Spad 13 wings

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Mon Jan 17 04:45:25 EST 2005

Hi all, I thought I'd tell you about some nice OT post
I got the other day. First a christmas card from Sanjeev
with a Fokker EIII, thank you very much. And on the same
day an Eduard Spad 13 from Matt. The interesting thing
about the Spad was that I thought the wings look fine!
I've been a little unkind about the starved cow appearance
of the Eduard wings, after a quick look in the box, and
seeing some photos. But after an unstressed look I really
think they aren't so bad. I don't like the representation of the
nose cowling sides, but it's not a big deal, and probably
won't show much under a coat of paint. I think it will be
fine straight out of the box, and it (before building )
looks to be the best Spad kit yet. Come on though Roden
it's not unbeatable!
/Neil C.