[WWI] Stretched sprue for rigging lines?

J.R. Boye mercyandhope at juno.com
Sun Jan 16 23:37:06 EST 2005

Hi Patrick ;
     I also use nylon thread for rigging (the tinted variety ), but have
also found places where the rigidity of stretched sprue works better. I
especially like it for control wires to horns and some hard-to-reach
places. I don't like it for longer wires because it can vary in
thickness, be brittle and isn't easy to keep straight.
    I use grey colored sprue for stretching because I think the color
works as is. I work in 1/72.
    Sounds like we have the same technique.

             J.R. Boye