[WWI] A Norwegian in Paris

Karen Rychlewski krychski at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 00:12:25 EST 2005

Knut Erik Hagen wrote:
>... It is likely that I will make another similar Paris run in two months time
> and unless Le Bourget has some new exhibits, I am thinking of visiting
> the Army Museum in Invalides and the Science Museum "Musee des Arts et Metiers",
> is there someone who have been there who can tell if they have OT exhibits?

The 'Musee des Arts et Metiers' is partly in an old church and partly in
an old building with creaky wooden floors. It was the setting for
Umberto Eco's 'Foucault's Pendulum', which indeed is there along with a
wonderful collection of old and arcane machines for brances of science
that no longer exist. The original Bleriot which flew the Channel is
there and I recall some vintage autos and motorcycles. If there's
anything resembling a Renault 'Marne' taxi, please take many, many
photos for me     :-)

Karen