[WWI] Eduard Morane N

Mike Muth mikemuth at ptd.net
Mon Jan 10 23:13:24 EST 2005

Mikko
    Nope. I had forgot to write about that last night. It was getting
late..... The completed engine fits into the cowling ok, but it is just too
tight to rotate . I also forgot to paint the inside of the cowling, figuring
the big spinner would make that unnecessary. I was wrong. Next time I will
paint the cowling interior before I put the engine in. I had thought about
somehow trimming the engine next time...but that would screw up the engine
where it shows underneath. Thinning the cowling makes sense, but seems like
an awful lot of work. Maybe the way is to just not worry about the engine
turning ;-))
Mike