[WWI] Re: Roland D.VI, now Albatros C.III

John Marco john at modelartbymarco.com
Sat Jan 8 03:42:53 EST 2005

Hi E. hope this helps some, I have done a great amount of reference looking
on this plane when I did my 1:24 scale kit of it ;-)

(On the top wing center, top of the arc on the trailing edge bow. There's a
little sticky-outy protrusion thing that looks like it has an instrument
face on it. Am I seeing this right?)
that is a rear view mirror.

(Also on the top wing, just outboard of the center bow near the trailing
edge
there's an oblong indentation on each side(port/stbd/top/bottom). What is
this? Are they slots that go clean though the wing that Chris Gannoin
couldn't mold or are they just indentations? And what purpose do they serve
in real life?)
there are slots that go through the wing for the aileron control horns.

(Then there's the fuselage. Is the underside pylon that the bottom wing
attaches to made of wood, or faired with sheet metal? )
It was all wood with two metal fittings for the wing to attach.

(And on the fuselage chin(underside just aft of the spinner) there's a
square
cut-out on the metal panels that looks to represent....what? Some sort of
air intake/breather?)
That is a air intake.

If you have any more questions E, feel free to ask ill be glad to help.
John Marco