[WWI] Re: Roland D.VI, now Albatros C.III

ernest thomas reason108 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 8 01:20:26 EST 2005

Ok, a Ro on the port, 18 on the stbd. Sounds easy enough to scrounge from
the decal folders. I'll print out your email and stick it in the kit box for
when I'm ready to build it.
Couple more questions:
On the top wing center, top of the arc on the trailing edge bow. There's a
little sticky-outy protrusion thing that looks like it has an instrument
face on it. Am I seeing this right?
Also on the top wing, just outboard of the center bow near the trailing edge
there's an oblong indentation on each side(port/stbd/top/bottom). What is
this? Are they slots that go clean though the wing that Chris Gannoin
couldn't mold or are they just indentations? And what purpose do they serve
in real life?
Then there's the fuselage. Is the underside pylon that the bottom wing
attaches to made of wood, or faired with sheet metal? I looked at the model
on the list site(love that model search feature) and it seems that people
have done it both ways.
And on the fuselage chin(underside just aft of the spinner) there's a square
cut-out on the metal panels that looks to represent....what? Some sort of
air intake/breather?

Anyway, that's all I'm wondering about at the moment. Tia for any help, and
retroactive thanks for the help you've already given.
E.