[WWI] Re: Roland D.VI, now Albatros C.III

J.R. Boye mercyandhope at juno.com
Fri Jan 7 23:52:12 EST 2005

Ernest, are you building a particular aircraft ? I could see if it shows
up in the Datafile photos.
  The earlier airplanes don't seem to have visible numbers, but most of
the later ones do. The light blue is used on planes with dark stained
fuselages, otherwise they are black.
    Did you say one of the options was 2215/17 ?    2211 is shown (
serial mostly covered by cross ),also 2216 ( serial in black ) and 2217 (
experimental plane- black serial )
       BTW just looking at the Pegasus Albatros C.III I got on the SMO
sale. Can anyone tell me if the gravity tank  is mounted on top of the
upper wing spars, or does it sit lower down ontop of the cabane arches ?
The radiator hides this in the three-view.

             J.R. Boye