[WWI] Dejavu all over again

David C. Fletcher dcf at mars.ark.com
Fri Jan 7 00:59:03 EST 2005

Karen Rychlewski wrote:

> The Ohio River is on the rise, the predicted flood crest will put 5+
> feet of water in my basement (again) sometime Friday morning...

The folks who built your house knew what they were doing when they put
the lead roof on the turret - that's to keep it from floating away.

I'm looking out at the first snowfall of the season here on Vancouver
Island - but it's not a chill factor of -51C like in Regina,
Saskatchewan (and you daren't even think about saying 'global warming'
out there!)

Keep bailing, Karen, and plan on building more floatplanes.

Dave Fletcher
P.S. We folks on the 'Wet Coast' know that vinegar kills mildew - buy
plenty.