[WWI] Roden Gotha G.V fuselage

Mark Shannon shingend at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 6 18:40:11 EST 2005

I had tried to send something before, but apparently it got too long.

I'm no expert, but my understanding is these were two 175 imp gallon tanks
that were simply moved from the old fairings under the engines in the G.IV
to go into the fuselage.  The flat that someone else mentioned may even
have been part of fitting them in the old positions.  I'm assuming they
were aluminum, and also assuming that the initial few G.V's did the minimum
re-design to move them and streamline the engine cowlings.  Dimensions can
be figured out from the fact that they  originally fit under the engines.

.Mark.