[WWI] Added:DFW C.V

Jean-Baptiste VERLHAC j-b.verlhac at lcoo.u-bordeaux1.fr
Thu Jan 6 12:12:18 EST 2005

Hi
Thanks for the feed back. Here are some explanations I've sent to Warren +
some extra concerning the propeller:
For that model , I've spent very little time on weathering , especillay
because I've found thet the decal session was time consumming.... In a few
words, i've airbrushed different brown tones for the wood panelsjust using
adhesive mask (this step came after airbrushing and masking the turquoise
and white panels). Then I reprocused the wood veins using a sharp paint
brush and Vallejo acrylic on a semi mat base. I Alwys give a cot of diluted
brown oil in order to reduce the contrats between the wood panels and
between the light and dark tones of the wood. The decal were simply
weathered using a diluted cream color between the ribs and a darker one
near the ribs , just to give a slight 3D effect (might have been the
opposite: darker in the middle and lighter on the ribs but it gives a
general darker tone)
The propeller was just given a light base coat and then I've painted the
darker tone with a brush (no cofee....) and the wood veins (same treatment
as above with oil).
The ridging was done with fishing wire (was is double on the real aircraft?
I didn't noticed on the photos that appeared in the datafiles.
I've make some modifications concerning the engine cover louvres as it
seems that depending on the manufacturer , some modifications occured . My
model is certainly not 100% exact.
Regards
Jean-Baptiste

PS These two seaters airplanes are very big , even at the small scale...

*****Attention******
New e-mail adress and phone number:

e mail:j-b.verlhac at lcoo.u-bordeaux1.fr

Phone : (lab)33(0)540008440