[WWI] New list member introduction...

James Duffy jduffy at mac.com
Sun Jan 2 20:13:49 EST 2005

Greetings!

As a new member of this fine group, I thought I might take a few moments to
formally introduce myself...

My name is James Duffy, and I live in Georgetown, TX (just north of Austin).
I'm a long-time model builder, having spent the last decade focused
exclusively on real-space subjects, and have a nasty little habit of
actually flying the rocket models in which I've invested many, many hours.
My most recent project was a 1/26.5 scale model of a rocket called Bumper
WAC, a US-modified two stage version of the German V2 missile.  As a member
of the US Spacemodeling team I recently flew this model at the World
Spacemodeling Championships, taking the Silver Medal in the scale altitude
event.  If you're interested in learning more about our little adventure, I
encourage you to visit the following links:

www.spacemodeling.org
www.rocket.aero/bumperwac.html

I also put together DVD packages covering various aerospace topics.  My
first release covered an early NASA project called Little Joe, and I'm
currently working on a ME-163 package.  To learn more about that, check out:

www.rocket.aero

Like many of you, I spend far too much time and money in hobby shops, and
I've always admired the magnificent jewel-like WWI aircraft in the display
case.  After reading Charles Wooley's "Echoes of Eagles," I resolved to
learn more about WWI aircraft and aircraft modeling, and a quick Google
search led me to this list.

So, to make a long story short, I've decided to take a break from my
data-obsessive scratchbuilding for a while, and a couple of 1/32-scale kits
are on the workbench: a Nieuport 17 and a Sopwith Camel.  If I can hold off
the urge to hyperdetail these suckers, I may actually finish one on the next
month or so.  As I plunge into these over the next few weeks, I hope that
the members of this august body will tolerate a few newbie questions from
time to time.

Thanks, and I look forward to participating!
James

James Duffy
jduffy at mac.com
www.rocket.aero

"What a long, strange product rollout it's been."
- Krusty the Clown