[WWI] Re: Happy New and whatnot

J.R. Boye mercyandhope at juno.com
Sat Jan 1 14:53:23 EST 2005

Happy New Year to all Listees !
     My wife plays in a vintage music band, and they played a New Year's
Eve dance that I went to. Since many of the songs were from the ragtime
era, I suppose that's pretty close to an OT event. Maybe I need to get a
uniform to wear to next year's dance-not too many pilots near 50 and
wearing glasses though.....
     I broke Marc's "resolution" and bought more kits than I finished
this year. My "method" is to have many models in process at one time, and
switch back and forth depending on my interest level. In 2003, I built 7
Albatros D types simultaneously like an assembly line . Sometimes I take
a break and do train projects.
     So I did finish some stuff : Pegasus Taube ( "impressed" so it could
have crude wing crosses ), Emhar Medium A, Pegasus Hanriot HD 1 ( Coppens
with blue and white tail ) Flashback (modified )Voisin 3 ( Fequant/Noix
).
     In process : Pegasus Vickers F.B. 5 ( Insall ), Aeroclub Martinsyde
S.1 ( Strange ) Eastern Express Sikorsky S. 16 ( very modified - Gilsher
plane ), Roden Gotha G.IV, MS G ( modified ICM Pfalz E.IV to become
Kozakov plane - it is easier to make it into a Morane than make it into
Pfalz ! )

                                  Happy building to all in 2005.
        J.R. Boye